Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 10 ounces shrimp
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon egg white
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
Garlic Sauce Mixture:
- 1/8 cup Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1/8 cup seafood stock or water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 ounces sugar peas
- 3 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 2 ounces diced red bell pepper (1 inch x 1 inch)
- 1 ounce wood ear mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- Clean, peel and de-vein the shrimp. Use a thick paper towel to try off any excess water.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, mix well and marinate the shrimp for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Combine the garlic sauce mixture ingredients and set aside for future use.
- Heat wok over high flame or heat for at least 20 seconds. Add 3 cups of oil and heat to 270 degrees.
- Add the marinated shrimp to the wok and cook for about 45 seconds. Pour the shrimp and the oil out and drain the shrimp well.
- Keep the remaining residual oil in the wok, then add Group 2 ingredients and cook for 10 seconds. Add the garlic sauce mixture and cook until it thickens.
- Add Group 1 ingredients and cook for 15 seconds over high heat. (If you are unable to maintain the cooking temperature, additional cooking time may be necessary.)
- Add the shrimp back into the wok and stir all ingredients thoroughly.
- Sprinkle sesame oil on top.
Serve and enjoy this delicious Chinese Food Recipe – garlic shrimp recipe